The aim is to observe long term effects of land use practices on waters. Monitoring concerns specific locations, where diffuse loads of nutrient or pollutants of agricultural and forestry origin poses a significant risk on water quality. Monitoring includes biological and physio-chemical elements. The program is part of monitoring according to the Water Framework Directive. It is coordinated by Finnish Environmental Institute (SYKE).
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Project time span
- 2007 -
- Data collection
- 2007 -
- Data processing
- 2007 -
- Data reporting
- not specified
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data stored by Finnish Environmental Institute (SYKE).
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Pintavesien torjunta-aineseurannan tuloksia 2009 – 2011. [In Finnish.]
http://www.ymparisto.fi/download.asp?contentid=138706&lan=fi [accessed 19.11.2012]
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
-biological elements: as in biological monitoring in lakes and rivers.
-physio-chemistry: as in water quality monitoring.
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
- Other institutes involved in the project
Lapland Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
- Other related projects
Biological monitoring of lakes and rivers, Fresh water quality monitoring