Monitoring of groundwater quality (geochemistry)
This is a National Implementation Plan (NIP) project
- Terminated before completion
- Project time span
- 1998 -
- Data collection
- 1990 -
- Data processing
- 1990 -
- Data reporting
- 1991 -
- Are data archived or planned to be archived at an AMAP Thematic Data Centre?
- If no (or only part of data are reported to a TDC), where and how are (other) data stored?
- Data base at Geological Survey of Finland.
Available to AMAP.
- References to key publications (or planned publications) and data reports
- Backman, Birgitta; Lahermo, Pertti; Väisänen, Ulpu; Paukola, Tarja; Juntunen, Risto; Karhu, Juha; Pullinen, Arto; Rainio, Heikki; Tanskanen, Heikki 1999. Geologian ja ihmisen toiminnan vaikutus pohjaveteen : seurantatutkimuksen tulokset vuosilta 1969-1996. Summary: The effect of geological environment and human activities on groundwater in Finland : the results of monitoring in 1969-1996. Geologian tutkimuskeskus. Tutkimusraportti 147. 261p.
- Samples/specimens archived in specimen banks?
Methods & Procedures
- Procedures and methodology used for, e.g., sampling and sample storage, sample pretreatment, extraction and analysis, including which laboratories are involved, references to methods employed, etc.
GSF laboratory, around 50 parameters including heavy metals and anions.
- QA/QC Information (what QA/QC procedures are implemented, laboratories involvment in QA/QC activities, model verification/validation routines, etc.)
- Is this a bi- AND multi-lateral project (i.e. a project involving cooperation between different countries)?
Ground water quality currently monitored only by Finnish Environmental Institude (SYKE)in project Hydrogeological monitoring.